Sew a trench coat
When someone speaks «coat», it often means a trench coat (trench coat), without even remembering the name. This is one of the most popular types of coats over the past 100 years. Previously, its popularity was artificial, since the trench coat was worn by soldiers and they did not have to choose. However, over time, the practicality and durability of the product conquered the civilian population of the whole world.
Now sew a trench coat easy enough when it comes to an inexpensive, not sophisticated product. However, it is not at all that simple if you want a high quality, custom-made item.
To do this, you need a VIP-level tailor who is ready to get inspired by the idea of creating a unique trench coat that fits perfectly to your figure. These are the people who work at the Fashion House «Voznesenskaya».
We treat our business with love and a desire not only to please the client, but also to achieve exceptional skill in each new job.
How to sew a trench coat?
First of all, the client should share his vision of the concept with the master. Tell not only what materials or colors are preferable, but also what emotions the trench coat should cause for the owner and others. Exclusive, expensive work requires a scrupulous approach to implementation.
Then everything happens according to the established scheme:
- Measurements are taken: the girth of the neck, chest, waist, hips, shoulder, wrist; width of the chest, back, shoulder; center of the chest; the length of the back to the waist in the center, back to the waist opposite the projected shoulder seam, front to the waist in the center of the body, front to the waist from the point of the beginning of the neck, arms to the wrist; shoulder height oblique back; the height of the armhole from the bottom;
- A sketch is drawn showing the future trench coat in all projections;
- A full-size calico mockup is created. It will allow you to pre-evaluate the future trench coat and, if necessary, change the pattern;
- The best trench coat is sewn.
The finished trench coat has a 3-year warranty. You can always count on a unique design, high quality and our attention to you and your things.
Together with the trench coat, you can order additional accessories to match the product: wallet, bag, headdress, etc.
More about the trench coat and its properties
For those who want to dive deeper into the world of fashion and better understand the differences between the trench coat and other models, for example, the Chesterfield, there is a short description below.
The trench coat is characterized by the presence of:
- High turn-down collar and lapels of the same size;
- Double-breasted closure with 10 buttons;
- Drawstring cuffs. Usually the belts at the cuffs are tightened with a buckle or buttons.
- D-buckle belts. There are models with belts without buckles, but this is not a canon;
- Epaulet (often called epaulettes). Non-functional decorative element — tribute to army ancestors;
- Shotgun valve. It is used for the same purpose as epaulettes, but has an expressive pattern that complements the usual image of a trench coat;
- Deep welt slant pockets;
- Coquette. An additional lightweight element that insulates the coat. It can be fastened with a button sewn to the back of the trenches, or be without such a fastener;
- Slots. Slit at the bottom of the coat. A feature of a long trench coat that allows you to feel more free when walking.
According to the material of the top, the trench coat can be sewn from a variety of fabric options, light fur and soft clothing leather:
- Classic gabardine on a cotton base;
- Transparent, soft ecoplastic;
- Embossed and perforated leather;
- Cloak fabric;
- Wicker guipure;
- Silver broadtail;
- Smooth and thin fur.
The color of the fabric can be any, but gray, beige, blue, black, khaki are considered popular.
Features of the trench coat and seasonality
Depending on the chosen material and the density of the inner lining, the trench coat can be summer (for cool evenings or rainy weather), demi-season and winter. It can be paired with formal wear, casual wear and even a tracksuit. Despite the dominant popularity of fabric coats, trench coats are also often made from leather. Such a trench coat lasts a long time, does not fade as quickly as fabric, and protects from the wind an order of magnitude better. The leather coat is equally popular with men and women. For winter models, it is customary to use natural insulation: Italian goose down, duck down, the finest knitted woolen shawls, thin sheets of sheared fur, artificial furs, synthetic non-blown materials in the thinnest membrane layers and polyamides made in Germany and Italy. In a trench coat, insulated with such materials, it will not be cold even at temperatures below −15 °С.
Why is it worth making a trench coat in the Voznesenskaya studio
At the Fashion House «Voznesenskaya» there are tanners, tailors, furriers, knitters with over 25 years of experience. Our trench coats are ordered by clients from all over the world: the CIS, Great Britain, France, the Czech Republic and other countries. We comply with all technical requirements in accordance with GOSTs, we use expensive specialized equipment, only the best materials and branded accessories. We give a guarantee for each product and offer additional services & mdash; repair, fitting, restoration, dry cleaning. We are trusted by thousands of customers to tailor trench coats. Contact the best atelier in Ukraine! Phones are listed at the top and bottom of the page.